Monday, July 23, 2012

A first for everything!

This past weekend I worked at a baptismal party and as usual I had a great time face painting kids of all ages - including a few adults! But what made this party particularly interesting is that a pregnant woman asked if I could paint something on her belly! Given the fact that I had never done this before and that I have to work very fast because there is a line of people waiting for their turn, I had to think quick and keep the design very simple. Luckily, this young woman was considerate of my time and was completely ok with a cute little monkey! Although it was super simple, nothing special, she was very happy and at the end of the day, this is what matters most.

I have seen pictures of beautiful designs other face painters have done and if I had had more time, I would have painted a magical-serene scenery to cover her entire belly. 'Til next time I suppose but she definitely has sparked a new interest! Now onto the search for a pregnant woman who can let me use her belly as a canvas!





No comments:

Post a Comment